POSITION: Kinesiologist: Full-time, Part-Time, Seasonal, Independent Contractor
LOCATION: Vital Management Inc., Toronto, ON Canada
HOURS: Must be flexible to working weekdays, weekends, statutory holidays as required (mostly 7 am-5 pm). Cross-site coverage is necessary.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until suitable candidate is found.
Vital Management Inc. thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
We require an entrepreneurial, critically thinking, highly skilled, and compassionate kinesiologist to join our rehabilitation team in our quest to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes for our clients. You possess strong knowledge of and comprehensive experience with standardized kinesiology assessment protocols, tests and measures, as well as evidence-based clinical practices as they apply to chronic conditions like cancer and cardiac disease. Your ability to develop, implement, and evaluate intervention strategies and communicate these effectively to clients, family, and fellow team members is exemplary.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Kinesiology
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario
- Abide by the Ontario Kinesiology Association’s code of ethics and standards of practice
- Current certificate of Independent Practice
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical and/or kinesiology experience
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (B-2 person rescuer or C Level) Heart Saver Plus Canada
- A valid driver’s licence and consistently reliable access to vehicle
- A one (1) year contractual commitment
- To be able to thoroughly and accurately assess client movement and functional performance in the areas of sport, recreation, work, exercise, and activities of daily living
- To create, implement, and monitor sound, research-based program prescriptions for health promotion, physical activity, injury prevention and treatment of injury and chronic diseases
- Strong working knowledge of pathology of musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiopulmonary, neoplastic, and metabolic disorders and conditions
- Able to perform physical assessment procedures including but not limited to vital signs, anthropometrics, range of motion, strength, balance, cardiopulmonary fitness, and orthopaedic assessment
- Demonstrate understanding of therapeutic modalities and treatment applications used to optimize rehabilitation, including but not limited to ice, heat, exercise, taping, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, and ultrasound
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office and our corporate online management system (MindBody), as well as select fitness and nutrition software
- Consistently demonstrate an ability to thrive and work productively in a positive, self-directed, and flexible manner
- Ensure personal and team compliance with and commitment to patient safety and industry and corporate policies and procedures
- Able to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required
- Actively participate in client-related meetings regarding assessment findings, intervention plans, program planning and design
- Document and submit all action, experience, and feedback related to client status and experience
- Comply with federal and provincial codes and regulations relevant to kinesiology practice, including but not limited to Ontario Human Rights Code, Personal Health Information Protection Act, Regulated Health Professions Act, Kinesiology Act, and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act