POSITION: Exercise Physiologist: Full-time, Part-Time, Seasonal, Independent Contractor
LOCATION: Vital Management Inc., Toronto, ON Canada
HOURS: Must be flexible to working weekdays, weekends, statutory holidays as required (mostly 7 am-5 pm). Cross-site coverage is necessary.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until suitable candidate is found.
Vital Management Inc. thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, critically thinking, highly skilled, and compassionate exercise physiologist to join our rehabilitation team in order to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes for our clients.
You possess strong knowledge of and comprehensive experience with standardized exercise physiotherapist assessment protocols, tests and measures, as well as evidence-based clinical practices as they apply to chronic conditions like cancer and cardiac disease. Your ability to develop, implement, and evaluate intervention strategies and communicate these effectively to clients, family, and fellow team members is exemplary.
- University Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology required; other relevant education with clinically based exercise programs may be considered
- Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (Physiotherapist) OR eligible for certification with the Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology or other related association (Non-Physiotherapist) AND membership with the Canadian Kinesiology Alliance required
- Minimum one year experience in Cardiac Rehabilitation and Cardiovascular Disease prevention required. Experience in Pulmonary Rehabilitation programs an asset
- One (1) year of recent related experience as a clinical exercise physiologist in a tertiary care cardiac rehabilitation environment, including practical clinical experience with metabolic/VO2 testing and interpretation
- To provide, implement, and evaluate exercise programming prescriptions based on client exercise stress or metabolic tests and clinical status
- To consult with and maintain ongoing communication with all team members and the community at large, and participate in team business and planning
- To interpret and evaluate clinical stress and metabolic test data and cardiac investigations
- Provide exercise prescriptions such as aerobic and strength exercises and establishes progression of exercise training based on initial and on-going patient assessment
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office and our corporate online management system (MindBody), as well as select fitness and nutrition software
- Ensure personal and team compliance with and commitment to patient safety and industry and corporate policies and procedures
- Ability to thrive in a positive, self-directed, and flexible manner
- Able to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required
- Document and submit all action, experience, and feedback related to client status and experience